Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cameroon


The amazing top picture is over looking the Atlantic Ocean on a beautiful sunset evening in Cameroon. I was there for 2 weeks for a conference and some vacation time. The conference was good because it gave me a chance to meet some other African missionaries doing work in other countries. It was inspiring for me to hear about their work and where God is moving in those countries and cultures. Also, to meet missionaries who've been out on the field for 20, 25, or even 30 years has impressed me. Especially with the missionaries I got to know, and see that they maybe older than I am but they can still be goofy and fun and really passionate about their work. The old, super pious, stiff no fun image of a missionary that I think a lot of people have clearly did not fit this group.
The lower image is a picture of me in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivore. You might not be able to tell from the picture, but I'm in a "mall". Yes, an African mall, with a food area, a couple clothing stores, a sporting goods store and more. I actually went into mini culture shock, and I should have had a more surprised look on my face, because I was really blown away.
The trip to Cameroon was a nice break from Ouaga and gave me chance to see another side of Africa. Now that I'm back, it's back to work recording and Bible Study which I'm excited about.

No comments: