Friday, October 26, 2007

Back to School

Now that I've been here for 2 full weeks and working on my 3rd it's time to start learning how to communicate with people here. So I began going to French school on Thursday. It's actually more like a personal tutor, because I'm the only one in the class. I guy named Elvis is my teacher (no not that Elvis). He's from the Ivory Coast, and came to Burkina to study law. Anyway, I'm enjoying the class but I'm going to need a lot work and patience to get this thing down well enough. Right now, I'm trying out the few phrases I know on people in the community or my roommate, it's pretty apparent my pronounciation isn't great. The hardest part I think right now is that so many words sound alike, and the words have sounds in them I'm not used to making. But, that is part of the experience and I knew that when I signed up. I had a pretty good day today, I went to class (9-11 everyday) came home, went for a run around the neighborhood, took a nap and read. I can't really argue with that I'm trying to put a few more pic's up but it won't let me right now, so stay tuned!

No comments: