Sunday, December 9, 2007

Don't pass over Africa Santa!

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone and the "Official" Christmas season is well under way I can and have been listening to Christmas music (I actually am right now as I write this). I have decorated a small Christmas tree and done all that I can to help bring the Christmas spirit here. It's still interesting that there's a 0% chance of having a White Christmas, despite that though I've really been enjoying Advent thus far. I made an advent wreath out of the bottom halves of coke bottles. Each week I am focusing on different aspect of Advent, last week was the week of Hope, this is the week of Peace. I had this Santa Claus or in French Pere Noel (Father Christmas) made by a tailor I know. He said this is the first Pere Noel suit he's ever made, maybe it will catch on here. Here is my roommate Will and I in the typical "family" or in this case "roommate" Christmas card photo. A few presents under the tree and stringed popcorn to give it some extra color. The plan is later this week to go buy candy and go around to some different neighborhoods and pass it out to the kids for Christmas. I'm pretty excited for that and I'm really hoping that the Santa spirit will bring some joy to these kids lives'. I actually got the idea from the original St. Nicolas who was known for giving treats to kids. I said, hey why can't I do that here? So there you have it. I'll let you all know how it goes for the new and thinner Pere Noel, until then joyeux Noel!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

you make me laugh. I am so stoked that you are the first santa suit this guy has ever made.