Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ben leads a Seder?


Last Friday night I had the privilege of leading a group of the youth group students in a Seder. I would not consider myself trained in doing so, but I was able to use a program one of my professors from college has used before. It was designed as a follow up to the mission trip we took in October. This is because our Bible teaching focused around the exodus from Egypt. So these students were able to get a better understanding of how the Jewish festival of Passover works. The program I used has been modified in a Christian sense though, so several of the aspects of the seder dinner, which allude to the coming Messiah were actually explained through the coming of Jesus. It was a great night overall. The kids learned some new aspects to the Passover story and had some good fellowship. Meanwhile it was fun for me to lead something like this and stumble through my rusty Hebrew pronunciation.

No comments: